Tuesday, June 13, 2006

berrys




Since my last 2 post post were of my youngest 2 kids, it would seem that the next post would be of the oldest. However, I don't seem to have the kinds of pics of him that I want to put up. Maybe I'll have to sit him down with a backdrop and try something formal. He's old enough He might let me do that without driving me crazy.

Instead I thought I would post these shots I took on Sunday out at the farm. Berry vines and blossoms always seem to catch my eye. Maybe it's because they seem to pop-up in place that are untended or forgotten, and they add an accent to those notions. I thought the old barn wood would make a nice backdrop for the leaves, the green and red the old wood and the new growth....the soft light seemed to fit the mood I was in. Don't know if they work, but they are kinda growing on me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Growing on you." I get it.

Roland Simmons said...

How often do you get out to the farm? I have to get to your neck of the woods soon. We have to make a trip to the Falls.

Brian Mc said...

Great that you get out and do your own work. Sometimes it takes a lot of effort, there's so much other stuff to do, etc. But stuff like this is much more personal and possibly, more deeply felt.

Dave MacIntyre said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

You've got some great shots here...this series is excellent. Crisp and bright with excellent contrast.

I really like the b&w waterfall shot too!

Cheers.

Merili said...

I like the series of shots - berry vine (the greens against the red). Great!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
Cheers