Tuesday, September 12, 2006

End of Summer






This little sunflower popped up on it's own next to these mail boxes across the street from my house. I've been meaning to shoot some shots of it for a while and was finally moved to do so yesterday. The weather is fixing to change here so I figured I'd better get the shots while it is still sunny and the flower is in good shape.

Susan, please pardon my "borrowing" your backside of the sunflower idea, imitation is indeed a form of flattery in this case =)


I know the detail shot of the mail box doesn't really fit, but I like it and it was part of the moment so I decided to include it.

8 comments:

Eric E. Nagel said...

T -

You know me, always looking for the things that don't always fit...I really like the close-up shot of your mailbox. Looks like you had some great light to work with.

- E

Wingnut said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wingnut said...

I agree with the light, wow, great light and use of it, I love the backlight effect! Love the "snapshot" effect of that little flower by the boxes, great perspective.

(sorry about the delete above, some day I will learn how to proof read before I hit send, and watch the screen as I type :) ) I re-posted the same thing here.

Brian Mc said...

Hope to see the little dude next week when we get together :-)

Susan Jones said...

wheeeeeeeee!
Love love love it!

Dave MacIntyre said...

A beautiful series of shots! The yellow in the flower is so vivid and alive!

Anonymous said...

Impressive shots once again. Just keeps getting better and better! Nice job on the wedding!

I can't imagine the pressure on getting that job done right.

Unknown said...

Sweet shots! One of the ones taken from behind the flower has the petals all aglow, but the sepals and stem are all dark. It looks like a gritty behind the scenes shot. That was my favorite one.