Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Paddy's day = Brew day





Had a rare Saturday off this week. Seemed like a good day to brew something up, was a beautiful day. What you see here is an Imperial stout. The kit was sent to me by my brother in Montana, said my primary fermenter had been empty too long. Thanks JM! My primary is no longer empty, as a matter of fact it's bubbling over. Glad I checked on things before I went to bed last night and put the blow off tube on, if I hadn't have there would have been a mess all over the floor and maybe the ceiling, and this stuff is sticky sticky.

6 comments:

photowannabe said...

Is it as good as the store stuff? How nice to brew your own.

Eric E. Nagel said...

Speaking as a consumer of Ted's home brew, I will say that some of it is better than the "store stuff". Thanks for all the yummy delicious that you're brewed in the past...can't wait to taste what is going to be made available on August 4th.

j m said...

i am looking forward to enjoying a pint of year old stout and it is better than the store stuff... it is great to brew your own...

extraspecialbitter said...

your photos make me miss homebrewing. time to cook up my namesake...

Coy Hill said...

It looks like fun! Enjoyable story & photos!

Dave MacIntyre said...

Mmmmmmm....beeeeeer!