Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Expansion





In the course of a little more than three years my homebrewing hobby/obsession has grown from a 4 gallon pot on the stove to the 3 tiered set up you see here. Thanks to my brother James for the converted keg that is now my boil kettle it works pretty slick and I can now make a 10 gallon batch as easily as a 5 gallons. Also pictured is the first batch from this set up, didn't quite produce the 9 gallons I was planning, but I think it's going to be pretty good stuff.

6 comments:

Eric E. Nagel said...

any chance your homebrew will be making it's way to Boise?

Brian Mc said...

I'm on my way over! Shall I bring chips?

MMM said...

Yum! What style is it?

TRM said...

MMM it's a porter, with a bit of a German twist, some munich malt and noble hops for aroma and flavor. Used ale yeast in the bigger half and pitched bavarian lager yeast in the smaller half, so it's more of a dark larger rather than a porter---it's my first time lagering and it tasted pretty good when I transfered from the primary to the secondary....real good.

j m said...

pretty good looking set up if i do say so

M.s Dona said...

I Like the brewery! Can't wait to dig ours out of the leaves and leftover snow....