Sunday, March 01, 2009

New Pup

Meet doggy #3. An Australian Shepherd. Wasn't real excited at the idea of another dog, but some kids know how my wife is, and they brought him to her. I guess with these dogs there is a genetic occurance where if 2 dogs with a similar genetic marker are bred there is a chance of blindness....well old Luke here was born blind. The sad story is if he wasn't adopted soon he was going to be put to sleep, like I said the kids know my wife. I was setting myself up to not liking the bugger, but as soon as I saw him I turned to mush. He's just like any other puppy, except he runs in to walls and furniture alot.

4 comments:

photowannabe said...

I can see why you are smitten with him. He is a sweetheart. He'll probably be a wonderful companion.
Its nice that he was rescued.

Maggie Lalley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie Lalley said...

Hi Uncle Ted!!!!!!!!! Your new dog is soooooooooooooooooo cute!


Love you and tell everybody I said HI

Magpie

Catherine said...

Awww...He's adorable~no wonder you turned to mush! How sad he was born blind! Luke was very lucky your wife has such a big heart!:)
Happy weekend!
Enjoy your new pup!
Cat