Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spring Break




What a week last week was. Went to on a cruise on the West Coast of Mexico, San Diego to Alcapuco and then other stops at Ixtapa and Manzinillo. I had no idea what to expect, was thinking it was going to be resort touristy, and to a degree it was, but it was also old and weathered and hard and hot. I didn't take any of my cameras, rather I used my mother-in-laws point and shoot digi....it did the job for the most part, a couple times I was wishing I had the 20-D. I might have to go back to manzinillo and spend some time there, the dragon street lights really caught my attention, as did the wrought iron work in the window of the apartments. An old town homes built on a hill accessed by stairs. I can show you better when I get back from my next trip there. The shots: Alcapuco from the ship,
the dragons on the street light in Manzinillo, our ship tendered of the coast of Ixtapa...more will follow. In the meantime I'm trying to get ready for a showing this Friday at the Silver Creek Coffee House and Wine Bar...wish me luck!

3 comments:

Brian Mc said...

Good Luck! Please send an invite! Did Roland prod you to start one of these? Thanks for the remark about the carosel, I still get dizzy thinkin' about it!
-B

Craig Mitchelldyer said...

Carinal? that is the exact cruise I took in Feb. I had a blast! I hope you did too. What was your favorite place?

TRM said...

It was the same exact cruise, we took it over spring break, lot's of Oregonians on board. I really liked Ixtapa-Ztown-can't spell it-went snorkeling and walked around the old town. that's the Mexico I was hoping to see on the cruise. The cruise was a kick, except for all my kids getting sick.